Pages

samedi 6 août 2011

Make Up update (49-1) : I finally found my nudes lipsticks!!!

Hi everyone,

Just a few days after my latest post on this blog, I'm here again to share my makeup newbies in my stash.

I was looking for a nude lipstick, thus I tried to find names of such lipsticks by MAC that could suit my complexion (NW43/NC45) and my needs:
- not look ashy,
- does not need lipliner,
- quite neutral (ie not too pinky or too brown) : closer to my skintone but
- with a little sheen to it,
- plus I do not have to be careful in using it, I mean if I need to tap it lightly to have the right finish/colour or other, then it's not ok...


I think that whatever you chose for yourself (make up, shoes, clothes etc...) If after buying it you need extra ligh use of it or to "tailor it" then it's not worth it. I think that a good product should always suit you well as soon as trying it.
If something does not "Woah"-you at the first time you try it, then leave it and follow on your search. My best Friend said. And that's what I did and still do and it's soo easy!

I found (thanks to Youtube and blogs, pictures via Google) that most young ladies do like the following MAC lipsticks: Hue, High Tea, Hug Me, Politely PinkFresh Brew, Siss, PeachstockFreckletoneShy GirlQuiet Please*, Stay in Touch, Touch, CherishVelvet Teddy, Honey Flower, Jubilee, Twig, Spirit.

Well it took me at least 5 visits to MAC stores and several trials of those lipsticks to make my mind.

Only 6 lipsticks out of this 18's list suited me for sure !!!!!! Maybe 6, I'll let you know ;-)

I already have :
- Touch : nice luster "cinnamon colour", super nice but a bit dark for a nude. I like this lipstick a lot (well I like and love all my lipsticks!!)!
- Honeyflower : (one of my first MAC lipsticks) but I get tired of the glitters that sometimes look and feel quite chunky on my lips. Otherwise I really like this lipstick ;-)
- and Bare Again from the Sheen Supreme lipsticks which looks like Hug me a lot but is more opaque.
I don't know yet if I'm going to take Hug me....

The "NO-es" for sure
The ones that made me look washed out (I mean with those, I look like a "mummy" and/or so sick that people around me can think I am about to faint, or just got out from a hospital... I think you undrstand) are : Fresh brew, Siss, PeachstockHue, Politely PinkShy Girl. --> OUT !
Peachstock looks like Freckletone but as it is much more opaque, it does not look good at all on me..

Stay in Touch: well, I do not like it! The colour on my skin...it looks an orangey brownish caramel/toffee ....It's weird on me: It made me look ashy/washed out even if it had this colour! --> OUT also!


The "maybe YES" need to try'em again

Velvet Teddy was a tiny bit different : it is a matte and in some way I do like the colour; but I think that as for the VivaGlam I (matte red lisptick by MAC), I need some time to get accustomed to its colour + texture...
Also, for this lipstick, the MUA who proposed it to me, I would have to apply it buy super light little taps on my lips ...Hum... Grils, I'm not ready yet to take time to do this.... --> or Maybe I might give it a try again as for the others...?...

Edit -August 7th 2011: Well... Velvet Teddy, Twig and Spirit really looked too flaky/gross on my hand; mainly because of their heavy textures. Those colours and textures seem to need too much work for me (ie liners, and dab, and lipgloss) to look good... so they're in the nearly OUT-Band too!
I still would like to (re-)try them but on my lips... .


The "YES-ses" for sure

Thus, I finally ended choosing 2 of them: Quiet Please*Freckletone and Hug Me.

Freckletone: Nice light peachy-toned lustre lisptick... It is THE nude lipstick for me, kinda matches my skintone the best, without making my face look washed out! But I hesitated because it missed the little thing that makes me be instantly fond of it ... But it is nice. It's just because I am so accustomed to my super bright reds and pinks lipsticks, I feel uncomfortable with light colours!!! 
After 2/3 more trials, I feel like lovin' it. I'll have it today! --> YES !

Quiet Please* : this one is perfectly light, goes on neutral and fresh in colour, it is a light pinky champagne colour that goes on sheer but not too much!!! HURRAY!!! I found it!
It feels on lips like butter love it love it love it! And it is so nice on my lips really GORGEOUS!!!
Even the MUA at the MAC store was impressed on how it shows on me. She told me she would not expect this lipstick to look so good on me and that she loves it on me!!
She thought it would be ashy and was really surprised and told me that I really should get it because it is really pretty on me (what I did of course!!!)! --> YES YES YES! !

I also took a cremestick liner: CUSHY a mid tone brown, that looks neutral on my lips, the brown nude lip pencil (I already have Plum I consider a light plum-pink nude lip pencil).

*"Quiet, Please": have been a limited edition lipstick, and repromote in other limited edition collections by MAC (last one: Cham Pale) but it seems to be included in the Permanent Collection... I need to be sure of this info I read in blogs and forums today... If it is not in the permanent line, I'll go in the store and take the last one (if no one did it before!) and tell you about that.

High Tea: like Hug Me, I think it looks like Bare Again but is more on the pink side... I think I'll re-try this ;-)
Jubilee: I did not find one at the store to try it on, I think it may be good...I'll tell you in my update to this theme (nudes)...

And you girls, did you try and found the perfect nude lipsticks for you?
Tell me in the comments.

Kisses girls, and stay pretty!

Edit -August 7th 2011: Pictures and update to my nudes-list in post #49-2

PS: I also took an empty Pro palette duo (from MAC Cinematics collection)... I think they are so cute whereas I don't like the quads or 15-palettes...
I think I'll have one or two more duo palettes today ;-)


I'll upload the pictures in the newt post ;-)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire